Friday, April 9, 2010

Here it goes

My first blog post.
What am I supposed to write about? What will people be interested in reading? I'm not really sure where to start and I'm not really sure anyone will find my life or activities interesting. I probably wouldn't if I were you...actually I probably would because it doesn't take much to catch my attention before I'm obsessed, and I'm AWESOME.

So here it goes...

My name is Celia. Celia Anne ...uh Doyle. It was Celia Anne Vernon until February 20, 2010, when I married my lovely husband D Doyle. It's funny to describe him as lovely because I don't think anyone else would. He's adorable, hilariously funny, kinda gross sometimes. He's clever, dirty, hardworking, and very sensitive. He loves kids, his family, fishing, and me and he's lovely. He's a keeper.

We met in college at Texas State University during our senior year. He had an awesome sense of humor and so did I (he he) so it worked. We dated for 2 1/2 years before he proposed, then married a year and a half later. Here we are almost two months into our marriage and I'm starting a blog. He doesn't know yet so shhhh. Keep it on the down-low.

When D and I started dating back in 2005, we didn't have much in common. I'm from Austin, graduated from Austin High (go Maroons!!), liked to go to bars and dance with my girl friends. I enjoyed getting manicures and going shopping. Dustin is from Dripping Springs,(proper pronunciation is Drippin) graduated from Dripping Springs High School, the only high school in the growing city, enjoyed hunting and fishing, hanging with his buddies and drinking "natty" light. He carried a knife in his pocket, worked as an electrician and didn't care what anyone else thought about him. It's funny how they say "opposites attract". Who says this? I have no idea, people like me, I guess, but I believe in this 100%. And maybe we aren't opposites, but we didn't have anything in common when we started dating. It's really amazing how things turn out.

So, how did they turn out? Do I still get manicures? The answer when I return....

For now, please enjoy Juanita.

No comments:

Post a Comment